Wednesday, June 10, 2009

More about the Kitchen


The kitchen is in! Fitted last week, for a brief moment it looked beautiful and pristine. The kitchen fitter lovingly polished it for us on Friday afternoon when he had finished.


But the builders are using drills to remove the old render from the outside of the cottage and there is dust everywhere!


Unfortunately, in order to fit the fridge freezer under the beam we had to cut a sliver off the under side. It's a shame, but it is hard, heavy oak and we'll use the cut off pieces to make a coffee table or a window seat.




The black cooker I eventually found and bought (nervously) on line. It looks very chic and goes well with the worktop.

2 comments:

lheyw said...

Hi Sue,

Enjoyed reading your blog but I have so many questions!!! We are about to start work on a house in your area and I'd love to pick your brains - would you mind? and how do I get in touch??

Cheers, Lynne

suej said...

Hi Lynne, you can contact me via the Total France Forum (I'm SPJ) send me a PM and we can then talk. Cheers Sue